Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pre-Trip Thoughts

Student share their thoughts before our ten day trip to Israel.

As I think how our arrival date is quickly approaching, I am anticipating inspiration. I can’t wait to see the views, experience the culture, and learn more about the history of this beautiful country I’ve only heard and read about. I want to capture the soul of Israel, both the land and the people, with my camera as best as I can and I can’t wait for the challenge.

I can already feel a connection to Israel even though I have never been there and I am hoping to build it even stronger, starting with this trip. It’s going to be interesting to be in a country where the majority of the people are Jewish and I’m curious to see what that feels like. I’m also really thankful we’re all able to go on this trip; it’s an amazing gift. I can’t wait to start our journey!

- Katie Isaacman, George Mason University

As the trip rapidly approaches, I am thinking about all the sights we are going to see. I think that emotions will come into play as the sights before me unfold. Also, I must admit I am a bit anxious about all the traveling that we are going to be doing in such a short period of time, however I feel up to the challenge and excited all in all. This trip is going to be a completely new experience for me as I have never been out of the country before. I have wanted to go to Israel for as long as I can remember to connect to my Jewish heritage and finally it is happening!

- Leslie Steiger, George Mason University

No comments: